1. WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text file sent by a server to users’ devices (normally their Internet browser) when they access a web page. Cookies allow the web server to save information that it will reuse during the visit to the website (session cookies) and during later visits (persistent cookies).
Cookies facilitate website navigation, they memorise visited pages and other specific information, for example, most frequently visited pages, connection errors, etc.
Based on users’ preferences, cookies are saved by the browser of the device used to navigate (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Often, browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari etc.) are set by default to accept cookies. Nevertheless, users may change their settings in order to disable or delete cookies; however, this may affect the functionalities in some areas of the Site. Therefore, for the optimal use of this site, users should allow their browsers to accept these cookies.
Additionally, during browsing users’ devices may receive cookies from different sites (so called third-party cookies), set directly by third parties for purposes and using methods defined by them.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
Based on their characteristics and purposes, cookies can be classified as follows:
a) Technical cookies: necessary to browse websites and use their functionalities, for example, view pages correctly or access reserved areas. Therefore, by disabling these cookies users will not be able to carry out these activities. These cookies are not used for any other purposes and can be divided into:
• navigation or section cookies, used to guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website;
• functionality cookies, used to allow navigation based on a series of selected criteria (for example, language), to improve the service offered to users.
b) Performance Cookies: used to collect anonymous information on how efficiently the website answers users’ requests, only for the purpose of improving the website’s performance; for example, most frequently visited pages, errors or delays in showing web pages.
c) Profiling Cookies: used to create user profiles in order to send marketing messages in line with the preferences expressed by users during browsing.
3. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
When visiting the website www.oliotoscanoigp.it, users’devices may receive cookies managed by other organisations (third-party cookies): this happens because the Site may include elements such as, for example, images, maps, links to third-party web pages or services.
These cookies can be sent to users’ browsers by third parties directly from their websites, accessible browsing the site www.oliotoscanoigp.it.
This website uses:
TECHNICAL AND SESSION COOKIES:
THIRD PARTY TECHNICAL COOKIES:
- Widget Google Maps
- Widget Video YouTube
- Google Fonts
- Google reCAPTCHA
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICAL COOKIES:
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics with anonymized IP
- Monitoring Facebook Ads conversions (Facebook pixels)
- Google Ads conversion monitoring
THIRD PARTY PROFILING COOKIES:
- Facebook Remarketing
- Remarketing Google Ads
For the purposes of information transparency, here is a list of third-party services on the site; all purposes and links are available on the information pages of the various services:
- The data generated by Google Analytics are stored by Google as explained in the policy that can be found following the link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- Users may disable Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Social Networks: Some pages of the Site include Social Networks’ buttons and widgets to facilitate the interaction with social media and share content directly from the pages of this website. As a way to provide users with further information, below we list the links to the info pages on how to manage cookies on the main social networks:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies
4. COOKIE MANAGEMENT
Please find the links to the information pages of the most popular browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/microsoft-edge/eliminare-i-cookie-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/topic/eliminare-e-gestire-i-cookie-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Safari (desktop): https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari (mobile): https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
Please be reminded that if you choose to block cookies, this may affect or prevent the optimal use of the Site.
5. OTHER INFORMATION
For more information on how cookies are used and how they may be blocked, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu